Tue, 29 Sep 2020

Carbon monoxide leak kills 5 in Honduras

Xinhua
09 Aug 2020, 11:44 GMT+10

TEGUCIGALPA, Aug. 8 (Xinhua) -- Five people were killed Saturday by a carbon monoxide leak while cleaning a cistern in the Honduran capital of Tegucigalpa, fire department spokesman Oscar Triminio said.

The incident occurred in Suyapa neighborhood, a slum in eastern Tegucigalpa.

According to the authorities, the cistern cleaners used a gasoline-powered pump to extract water and the carbon monoxide emitted from the machine caused them to suffocate.

Two of the five people were taken to hospital, but died while receiving treatment.

Sign up for El Salvador News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!